Fetch is now in Phoenix
We’re stoked to have just entered the Phoenix market as the only off-site delivery amenity for the multifamily community and we’ve learned a lot about this desert city. Here are the top 7 facts you may not know about Phoenix, AZ.
7 Interesting Facts about Phoenix, Arizona
- Although Phoenix is located right in the heart of the Sonoran Desert, it’s elevation is far higher than the state of Florida – at an elevation of 1,117 feet above sea level.
- The largest municipal park in all of North America, South Mountain Park, and Preserve is located in sunny Phoenix and covers more than 20,000 acres. With 58 miles of hiking, biking, and equestrian trails, it’s a treasured destination for local Phoenicians as well as visitors.
- At one point, Arizona had a navy with two ships located just outside of Phoenix even though Phoenix is 75 miles from the nearest body of water. This navy was formed to defend the state from a possible California invasion.
- Phoenix is the fifth-largest US city and according to the National Climate Data Center, is the sunniest major metropolitan area.
- Phoenix is also a bit of an unsung sports mecca as it’s home to Major League Baseball’s annual spring training and The Waste Management Open – which happens to be the most well-attended event on the PGA Tour. These two events along with being home to teams in all of the 4 major sports leagues (Phoenix Suns (NBA), Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB), Arizona Cardinals (NFL) and Arizona Coyotes (NHL)), draw millions of tourists each year.
- The Sonoran Desert is home to the saguaro cactus which can grow to be 50 feet tall and is found in no other desert in the world. These incredible cacti can also live for more than 200 years.
- Phoenix has consistently outpaced the U.S. population growth for more than 18 years and is on track to grow by nearly 60% – to 6 million people – by 2030. (The population on the entire state of Arizona is currently around 6.7 million.)
Phoenix has welcomed us with open arms and we’re really proud to be servicing this market. If you’d like to chat more about how to add Fetch Package as an amenity in your property, please reach out!